Saturday, January 22, 2011

Because you're mine...






























(Vintage lace up field boots by Salvatore Ferragamo)

  These babies are mine, all mine (insert maniacal laughter here)! I might have had a mini heart attack when I found them on Etsy. Ok, I definitely had a minor heart attack when I saw them on Etsy. I will most definitely be wearing these boots into the ground. My cobbler will be getting some more business. He has been fixing my beloved footwear for quite some time now. Thank goodness for resoling shoes!

  In other news, I attended a potluck dinner with all the host families in my winter study program today. African food is INCREDIBLE. I will miss it dearly when I head back into the dining halls. I made Sambusa with my family for the potluck. Here's what sambusa looks like:





























  It's a stuffed tortilla that's deep fried. Our sambusa had ground beef, onions, carrots, and peas inside it, but you can make vegetarian sambusa, which is equally as delicious as it's meaty counterpart. My only qualm is that there wasn't any leftover sambusa. BOO! I WILL be making sambusa at college. I have a feeling my sanity is going to depend on some home cooked food.

0 comments:

Check me out now (check me out baby)