Friday, June 17, 2011

Walking On A Dream...

6-17-11 (3)

6-17-11

6-17-11 (2)

6-17-11 (4)

6-17-11 (5)
(Bass sandals)

Hello readers!
  I realize it's been a while since I've done a legitimate blog post. Here is a photo diary of sorts from the past few weeks of my summer vacation. I've been doing a lot of coloring in my Indie Rock Coloring Book. I love that thing (and coloring, which is so cathartic). The first picture is inspired by the singer Joseph Arthur. The second picture is a view from my bedroom window. I'm fortunate to have a lot of natural light. The bracelet in the third photograph is from my jaunt to the Bahamas, my tan feet can be seen in Bass sandals in photo number five. Picture number four features some enchiladas I made. YUM!

  Typically, I don't watch the MTV Movie awards, why bother, the award will just go to Robert Pattison (or R. Patz... affectionately). Said affection does not come from me. BAH. Anyhoo, I watched a very awkward clip of the award ceremony yesterday, for "Best Male Performance" (Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake sure know how to keep things strange). Also, the opening sequence for "Best Male Performance" was even more awkward.  I suppose MTV stopped pretending that young impressionable children, or people who value high standards ceased watching long ago (cough JERSREY SHORE cough). But I digress, there is a point to my MTV related rant. During the list of nominees for "Best Male Performance", I discovered a cool Australian Band, Empire of the Sun. If you like MGMT or think trippy psychedelic synth pop sounds like your cup of tea (or coffee... if you must),  check them out. Look no further than below this rant.

Toodles,
Laura



1 comments:

Meagan said...

I absolutely lovvve empire of the sun!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

Check me out now (check me out baby)